Updated Sept 22, 2021 – Restriction Exemption Program Details
As per the RECORD OF DECISION – CMOH Order 43-2021 from the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, EPIC Fencing will be participating in the Alberta Government’s Restrictions Exemption Program.
As per Dr. Henshaw’s announcement on Monday, 09/20, fencers who are under 18 will NOT be required to provide proof of vaccination in order to participate at either the NE or Patterson location. All attendees 18 years of age and over MUST provide the following to enter and/or receive services at any EPIC Facility:
- Operators must screen all attendees for one of the following at the point of entry:
- Proof of vaccination; or
- An original (non-copied) medical exemption letter.
- Individuals 18 years or older must produce valid government issued ID
- All participants must be masked unless engaged in active fencing.
NOTE: Proof of a negative privately paid test result will NOT be accepted.
ACCESS WILL BE DENIED IF PROPER VERIFICATION IS NOT SUPPLIED.
The University of Calgary has set additional requirements for all programs https://go.ucalgary.ca/index.php/email/emailWebview?md_id=169021
We will be collecting:
- The name and the date of birth of the individual listed on the proof of immunization or testing must be matched with the name and date of birth on the identification (for 18+).
- Verification that the proof of vaccination is appropriate
- An original medical exemption letter in the prescribed form.
Please see the following link for further details:
Proof of vaccination can be obtained at:
In advance, EPIC Fencing is a Not-for-Profit Organization with volunteers managing this process, your understanding and assistance in addressing these challenging decisions are appreciated.
Board of Directors