Feb Limited Group Classes for Youth
Due to the changing of COVID restrictions this past weekend, Epic has decided to offer limited weekly appointment based group lessons for any members under the age of 18. These lessons will focus on footwork conditioning, limited bladework with the coach, and individual fitness. Bouting will not be allowed during the current restrictions. Due to the uncertainty around COVID and the rate at which restrictions are changing we will offer several classes a week that members must register for in advance on a week by week basis. Groups will be divided by age / weapon and the cost will be $20 per lesson. We will adjust the schedule each week depending on enrolment.
Due to the lack of notice on restriction changes from the Alberta Government at the moment, and to prevent confusion, any credit from past sessions will not be able to be used for these classes. We hope members will understand that we don’t want to get into the cycle of using credit then giving credit on the credit for cancelled classes. We are still hopeful we can run a full spring session starting in April and any credit members have will be allowed to be used at that point in time.
In addition we will continue to offer private lessons for members to anyone who is unable or uncomfortable in taking part in the group lessons.
- All members must stay 3 meters apart
- All participants must be under the age of 18.
- No games or bouting allowed
- The coach must be wearing a mask during the lesson
- Members and parents must wear a mask while in the club and not participating in the lesson.
- Due to the ban on indoor gatherings we cannot allow parents to remain in the club and watch the lesson. This may change as we get further clarification.
- Coach is allowed limited interaction with members
- Fencers can only register for 1 week at a time. Each week Peter will evaluate and adjust the schedule as needed. Registration will take place online.
- Fencers may register multiple times per week. This may be restricted in the future depending on demand.
- These lessons will focus on footwork conditioning, limited blade work with the coach, and individual fitness.
- Bouting will not be allowed during the current restrictions.
- Due to the uncertainty around COVID and the rate at which restrictions are changing, we will offer several classes a week that members must register for in advance on a week by week basis.
- Groups will be divided by age/weapon.
- The cost will be $20 per lesson.
- No using credit for these lessons.
- We will adjust the schedule each week depending on enrolment.
you can find the link to register for the limited group lessons here:
And you can register for a private lesson here
For more information around COVID restrictions around sport in Alberta you can visit the following link:
Epic Fencing Club